Thursday 29 March 2018

Text Review Roundup: "School Daze"

I'll be away for a few days now, which means that my episode 3 review won't be up until late next week at the earliest. It also means that I won't be able to correct any mistakes I've made in this post, so please let me know in the comments if anything looks off and I'll fix it when I get back.

Some changes for Text Review Roundup this year. I've already mentioned the ending of The Super Mario Brony Blog, and it seems that Thrond Media Pony Corner may have gone the same way. On the other hoof, I welcome newcomers Feather Heart, Michaelsety and Rhythm Red. I can't remember whether I've featured ShutterflyEQD here before. Batbrony didn't get his review up in time, and I'm not sure whether ArthurCrane will continue for S8.

This season opener was generally received fairly well, though few people considered it a classic to match the likes of the S2 premiere. Over on Fimfiction, Present Perfect hated it, but Cuddlepug's review is about the most negative I can find away from Fimf.

Cuddlepug – rather negative (graded C; "somewhat unsatisfying")

Derpy News – very positive (graded A-; "the show has not run out of ideas")

Feather Heart – mixed ("[I love] the portrayal of Starlight [but the songs are] boring and forgettable")

Louder Yay – generally positive (3/5; "I seem to have done a fair amount of complaining here, but actually I quite enjoyed this premiere.")

Michaelsety – mixed (graded B-; "good morals [and] new friends are great [but] Twilight gave up so easily")

MLEEP Reviews – very positive (9/10; "another awesome start to [a] season")

Rainbine – positive (8/10; "I like [the Student Six] even though they don't have a whole lot of personality")

Rhythm Red – fairly positive (7/10; "Good songs, GREAT new characters, and an interesting new storyline, but overall, it's nothing all that special")

ShutterflyEQD – very positive ("I really enjoyed the direction they went with this 2-parter.")

TheDragonWarlock – fairly positive (graded B; "far from [...] bad[...], but it didn't need to have most of the characters being moronic.")

No comments:

Post a Comment