Monday 19 March 2018

PMV: The Journey Thus Far

 ( Text link )

I saw this on EqD earlier and liked it so much that I wanted to feature it here. This PMV by Cole Donnerstag is an eight-minute celebration of the first seven seasons of Friendship is Magic, and one that very firmly places our equine friends in the role of heroes. You couldn't watch this and think they were just any old ponies. It's an old-fashioned PMV in its lack of flashy effects, but I think that makes it stronger. There are no S8 spoilers, so if you've seen to the end of S7 you'll be good to go. Donnerstag is not well known (only 40 subscribers at the time of writing) but that may now change.

9 comments:

  1. Hahaha, for some reasons, i had feeling some people will take the video in the wrong way in the second part: Glimmer is over the place in the second half lololololololol If i just watch season 4, i would be like 'who's that character, is she the new main character? Are mane 6 not main character anymore?'

    Ahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, at the time of writing the video has 121 likes and zero dislikes, so I'm pretty sure people aren't complaining. :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting this! I haven't been paying attention to PMVs lately, and this one was delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I haven't been keeping up much either, but I'm glad I took the time to watch this one.

      Delete
  3. I’ll second that! I saw the post but didn’t bother watching it. I will now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoyed it! :)

      Delete
    2. Yup! Loved it! I hate to see it classed as "low-effects" because the person who did it is a very talented editor.

      Delete
    3. I can't remember how EqD classified it – but what I said here was "lack of flashy effects", and to me that's a compliment. As a rule, I don't like PMVs that try to blind me with bling and throw glitter everywhere. This video doesn't do that: its effects are much less "loud". The PMV is very well edited, but that's not the same thing.

      Delete
  4. Wow! So happy you enjoyed the video! It took a ton of time and effort to make this, it's amazing to see how well it's being received. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete