Thursday 1 February 2018

EFNW Scribblefest is back

I saw last night via this Fimfiction site post that Everfree Northwest's popular "Scribblefest" fanfic contest is back, with the prompt "Family Trees: Roots, Branches, and Leaves". That announcement brought home to me a bit that the story I entered with in 2017, The Book of Ended Lives, remains the last completed ponyfic I've published. Even though I've been writing The Danger Within, I'd still like to have something finished to look at in my story list.

The question is whether I can think of something that fits the prompt. Knowing me, I'll probably get an idea two days after the closing date (3rd March). The required story length – between 2,000 and 6,000 words – appeals to me, though. As mentioned at the start of yesterday's post, I have a lot going on outside the fandom, so I may simply not have time to enter the EFNW contest. I do intend to review all the category winners regardless, as doing that was fun last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment