Thursday 25 January 2018

Looking ahead to Ponyfic Roundup 200

It's not all that long until I'll be publishing Ponyfic Roundup 200. Insert my usual expressions of amazement that I've kept the feature going this long – without, I have to say, ever feeling that the well of fics to pick from was running dry. I'm now just beginning to think about how I might mark the occasion. For reference, this is what I did for previous milestones:

PR 50: nine newly-approved stories. Only a few of their authors – notably RarityEQM – appear still to be active on the site.

PR 100: six stories that were at least a month old but had under 100 views. None rated above two stars and two have since been deleted.

PR 150: eight stories, one published in each year from 2010 to 2017. This was fun, and I found a five-star story: A Hoof-ful of Dust's When the Levee Breaks.

I'd certainly like to do another themed edition, but I'm fairly open-minded as to what theme that should be. Even with my usual red lines (no foalcon ever, no unfinished stories, etc) there's a lot to choose from. What it won't be is a bunch of long fics, as I simply don't have the time for that.

9 comments:

  1. You should just read, like, 20 of the shortest complete fics you can find.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already done something like that. In PR 109, I read eight fics that were exactly 1,000 words long.

      Delete
  2. Oooh, themed editions!

    Didn't we talk about a cutlery one once? Good times.

    How about something mane 6 themed? Like one for each of them, or a bunch of stories featuring all of them? Just a random suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, it wasn't just talk... PR 137: Spoons edition. And without any stories featuring Silver Spoon, either! :P

      Not a bad suggestion. If I added Starlight and Spike, that would be eight.

      Delete
  3. Shouldn't you be doing a custard-themed roundup or something?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should read and review every story with the title Happily Ever After.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that's an interesting idea. I've already read at least one (Benman's) and there are probably too many for me to do all of them. But thanks, I'll keep that idea in mind!

      Delete