Tuesday 29 November 2016

Audio: Logan reviews My Little Pony Season Six


I don't do a lot of audio stuff, but I have had a couple of people ask me whether I might consider making some. While I will be sticking with text for most things, especially Ponyfic Roundup and reviews of individual episodes, comics, etc, I do like the idea of recording a little bit more. Last year, I produced a short audio review of Season Five, so I decided to do the same again for Season Six. You can see the result above; it's 16'36" long, which hopefully won't be too excessive for those interested to sit through.

In brief, it includes a look at the new writers the show had for S6, a run-down of my favourite and least favourite episodes, a short look ahead to next year and a few comments on the complaints some fans have about Starlight Glimmer. There's even a (thankfully very short) song! You'll note that it's pure audio, with no visuals except the title card. This will not be changing; I'm certainly not going down the facecam route, and I don't want to turn it into a semi-animation. Think of BBC Radio 4, but for bronies. :P

5 comments:

  1. Audio is just fine! (I love BBC4) I'll listen to this on my LA commute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BBC4 is a TV channel, so I hope you don't have that in your car! :P But I know what you mean, of course. I'm afraid I can't promise to be quite as good on the clarity and enunciation front as their continuity announcers, though!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Radio 4, but for bronies" is something I'd definitely listen to.

    I broadly agree with your thoughts here. If Josh Haber ever decides to step down I hope they make Mike Vogel the new head writer. He deserves it.

    I also hope we see some more from Jennifer Skelly after 'Buckball Season', but then I thought the same thing about Noelle Benvenuti after she wrote 'Maud Pie' and her second episode, 'Made in Manehattan', wasn't nearly as good, so I'm cautious about praising a writer after one episode. 'Buckball Season' was extremely good though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd actually prefer Vogel to Haber even as things stand, but I don't mind all that much. What really matters to me is that Vogel continues to write episodes.

      Good point re Benvenuti -- who I note didn't write for S6. (Mind you, neither did GM Berrow, sadly.) I'm a little more optimistic about Skelly, since "Buckball Season" felt very much in the mould of classic Pony, whereas "Maud Pie" was definitely an episode that couldn't have been made much before S4.

      Delete