Monday 8 December 2014

Coming up on Ponyfic Roundup

As we're well into the festive stuff now, I thought it might be fun to play around a little with Ponyfic Roundup for the Hearth's Warming period. This coming Wednesday's edition will be a normal one, including several fics of very decent quality. Later this month, I'm thinking about doing a themed edition or two. I haven't yet decided on exactly how to make this work, but one idea that attracts me is to put up an edition of PR concentrating entirely on some of the oldest stories on Fimfiction. (The site was launched in summer 2011.) Old fics don't have the greatest reputation, with a few notable exceptions, so it'll be interesting to see how well these hold up after more than three years.

PS: I've already reviewed the oldest proper story on Fimfiction: Cereal Velocity's Accolade. I wasn't all that impressed, giving it 5/10 in PR 21. So my hopes aren't necessarily high. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment