Saturday 28 April 2018

WoodLore has gone :(

I may not have been as big a fan of WoodLore's music as some people, but I certainly liked some of his songs and respected his skill as a musician. So I was surprised and disappointed to find out (from Armosk on EqD, actually) that he deleted his channel a few weeks ago, taking all his Pony music down with it. His Bandcamp is gone, too. I'd been thinking about losses in the fandom recently, and this is another sad one.

Back in 2017, WoodLore did an April Fool video about "leaving the fandom" – but it seems that, a year later, he was serious about it, and so did the deed. The songs themselves have (mostly?) been reuploaded already, and from comments I've seen here and there, WoodLore himself isn't going to be too fussed about that. Yes, he has every right to delete his channel and his songs. I just wish he hadn't felt the need to.

4 comments:

  1. Awh! D: WoodLore is one of the best musicians in the fandom! :( At least there are a bazillion archive channels out there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Mostly, musicians don't seem to mind those, which is something. There's the very occasional exception: the one that stands out is Peak Freak from looong ago, who I believe had no choice because of German contractual stuff. But mostly they're left alone. The trouble is that people only notice when the big names disappear. There's surely a lot of nice music by more obscure artists that's effectively been lost forever. :(

      Delete
  2. This is sad =/ He is one of my favourite musicians in the fandom, and I wish that, even if he wanted to branch out to other things, he wouldn't feel the need to erase his past songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know the guy and don't know his reasons beyond unsourced comments I've seen. Possibly there's stuff we don't know about. But yes, whatever the reasons it is a sad loss.

      Delete