Monday 5 March 2018

Pony Music Library 51: "Spirit of Fire"


It's long past time we had another PML entry, so let's get right to it!

What? "Spirit of Fire"

Who? PsychGoth (ft. Nowacking and Mysterious Bronie)

Which? Original song

When? July 2013

Why? I'm rather fond of Eighties-style music, so this song attracted my attention right from the start. The impressive line-up of performers didn't hurt, either. It's very much in the vein of Europop from that decade, so it may not win over those who don't already enjoy the genre. However, for those who are taken by it, this has a wonderful drive and energy that fits Spitfire's character perfectly and gives us a nice look at how she grew into the powerful mare she later became. Great guitar solo, too!

3 comments:

  1. Another great recommendation, and addition to the library! Never heard it before. I'm not very familiar with the Genre, but it's certainly making me think of 80s films like 'Beverly Hills Cop' and 'Short Circuit'. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^The latter, mainly because it has Bonnie Tyler's 'Holding Out For A Hero' in it ;)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I can see the echoes of that song in this one. I doubt it was deliberate, just a case of the same influences, but I hadn't thought about it until now. Nice thought. :)

      Delete