Sunday 28 January 2018

Horses! At Home! Coming to a screen near you on 3rd March!

For those wondering: yes, I do have views on a certain topic that is everywhere in the fandom at the moment. I may write something about it here, but that's by no means certain.

On a much happier note, HAHCon (the Horses At Home convention) is indeed returning this year! EqD has reported that panel applications are now open. This virtual convention was a success last time, with an absolutely hilarious turkey call contest being my personal highlight. No, I didn't enter, but if you want to experience it see this YouTube video.

This year's HAHCon will be on 3rd March. I did have a secret hankering for it to expand to two days after the success of the last convention, but realistically that would be a great deal more work. Probably better to have a great one-day con than spread themselves too thin and end up with a mediocre two-day con. Maybe one day, though...

I really like what HAHCon are doing, and I wonder how many other fandoms have something like it. True, nothing can quite match the experience of being at a Pony convention in person – but for those many people who for whatever reason aren't able to attend one, HAHCon gives them the chance to get some of the flavour.

This is exactly the sort of good, generous and fun thing that I like to see in the fandom, and so I'm happy to wish HAHCon great success this year.

6 comments:

  1. Intriguing; I've never heard of a virtual convention before. I've no what one would be like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's last year's schedule to give you an idea: https://www.hahcon.com/schedule/y_2017/

      And a playlist of events. Most of them are still accessible: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6F25T6Gfx3tqKGKxKWpCJyH8dq2pow7P

      It worked pretty well, apart from the inevitable problems with lag. The videos were of variable quality, but there was plenty of interest in there. :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the links, I'll check them out. :)

      Delete
  2. I have no idea what this everywhere topic is. I'm all a-tingle waiting to find out when this blog updates!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm talking about this issue. I don't have any interest in writing a pile-on type of post, so unless I have something else to say about it I'll leave it alone. I honestly don't know at this point.

      Delete
    2. Bleh. I was thinking it would be more of a light-hearted kerfuffle. Sometimes I'm glad to be as disconnected as I am these days.

      Delete