Friday 25 August 2017

Text Review Roundup: "Triple Threat"

You know, I think I might continue TRR for a while now. It's less time-consuming than some of the other stuff I do here, so I can still fit it in despite all the non-Pony things going on in my life right now. (Not terrible things, just things that take up time I'd rather use writing about talking horses.)

I've dropped Cuddlepug from this now, as virtually nothing beyond the grade he gives actually qualifies as an episode review in the conventional sense. Darke Raven doesn't seem to have written one this week at all. However, we welcome a new source in The Southern Nerd. Always good to see new text-based reviewers!

Batbrony Reviews – generally positive ("It wasn't great, it wasn't bad, it was good.")

Derpy News – fairly positive (graded B; "good because of and despite some awkward moments")

Louder Yay – fairly positive (three stars; "another entertaining episode [though] the problem could have been sorted out with about three seconds' logical thought")

The Southern Nerd – positive ("Both Ember and Thorax came off as charming")

TheDragonWarlock – fairly positive (graded B; "the Spike streak is still going strong")

Thrond Media Pony Corner – fairly positive (rated 70%; "Despite the rote plot, the episode is frequently entertaining")

4 comments:

  1. This episode is getting worse every time i see it, i was wrong that i thought Spike's idiocy equivalent his Princess Spike, no, Spike in Princess Spike is not dumb, just everything try to screw with him and his selfishness is justifiable. I no longer enjoy this episode after some rewatch, Spike is too dumb and Twilight is dumb to go along with him. The map calling subplot is unnecessary addition to distract Spike and make him go deeper in obviousness, they could just waste that subplot and spend time to explain why Thorax meets Ember is a bad thing, like Chysalis and Torch hate each other, they started a war for a long time ago, nice and clean 1 minute exposition, this episode could be saved. Ember and Thorax are goddamn awesome that made me hate Spike even more, he dragged this ep to Spike at Your Service level of mediocre. In the end of the day, he didnt do anything to solve the situation or even confront it and the map count it as a friendship mission accomplishment, fuck that. Everytime someone rate this episode as a better Spike episode, my braincells died.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really ought to get a blog of your own, then I could link to your reviews in TRR. :P

      But please don't insult people who like this episode. One of them is me. We're not idiots just because we disagree with you.

      Delete
    2. I just type a comment, nothing more, like everyone else. ;))

      I dont insults anyone who like this episode in any comments, i am just saying that anyone who like this ep bother me because i cant understand why lol. I just want to give this episode some criticisms its deserved.

      Delete
    3. If you want to know why people like it, you just have to read their reviews. Mine is on this very blog! :)

      Delete