Sunday 5 February 2017

Some reviewing milestones

My cough is just beginning to recede, but I'm still a way from being fully recovered, so you're getting another small and fairly pointless post today. The next significant one, other than the next Ponyfic Roundup, should be the review of main-series comic #50, which I hope to get out within a few days now.

Today, though: thanks to the updated BMRL and my own updated list in Calibre, I have a reasonable idea of how many reviews I've done for Ponyfic Roundup. My numbers still don't quite match Singularity Dream's, partly since we update at a different rate, and partly because unlike me, he counts the occasional posts in which I've looked at my own older fics. Up to and including the most recent PR (no. 143) I reckon I've reviewed 734 ponyfics. And the milestone reviews – first, then every fiftieth – are these:

First: The Best Night Ever by Capn_Chryssalid (PR 1, obviously)
50th: The Price by Vimbert the Unimpressive (PR 11)
100th: Flying Hard by terrycloth (PR 22)
150th: A True, True Friend? by Blazewing (PR 32)
200th: Fluttershy and Celestia Play Chess by BronyWriter (PR 42)

250th: Tea with The Queen by Lapis-Lazuli and Stitch (PR 50)
300th: Temporary Hiatus by TheMessenger (PR 63)
350th: Fluttershy Sits Down With Lyra For a Day by Church (PR 73)
400th: Griffon it Another Try by Winston (PR 82)
450th: The Best Job in Equestria by Mooncalf (PR 90)

500th: The Wrong Side of Tomorrow by Pascoite (PR 99)
550th: Twilight Likes to Read, A Lot by Saakra (PR 108)
600th: Whom the Princesses Would Destroy by GhostOfHeraclitus (PR 120)
650th: The Epic Battle Of Good Versus Slightly Less Good But Still Pretty Good In The Long Run by Akumokagetsu (PR 130)
700th: The Keepers of Discord by Hoopy McGee (PR 138)

There's some good stuff in there, but in every case it's a pure accident that it coincided with a milestone – especially as I didn't even have an accurate number until now. And in case anyone's wondering: no, I don't intend to seek out anything particularly special for my 750th review. I might do so for my 1,000th – but there's a long, long way to go before I reach that milestone! Possible themes for PR 150 are occupying my mind more as far as that sort of thing is concerned.

I may inflict further pointless statistics on you at some point in the not too distant future. This shouldn't come as too much of a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment