Monday 9 January 2017

Comic mini-review: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #49

Main cover by Andy Price of MLP main-series comic #49
It must be a really strange reality if Pinkie is folding
I was impressed by the first instalment in the "Accord" arc, and awarded it four stars. This second comic in the three-parter doesn't quite match up to that, but it's still a very good effort. Ted Anderson's writing takes us to some interesting places, both figuratively and literally. Andy Price and Heather Breckel are as reliable as always and give the issue a nicely consistent (and rather blue) feel. The ending is one I probably should have seen coming, but didn't. A top-end three for this, but I'm really hoping the big finish – in issue #50! – will be better than the conclusions of certain other comic arcs I could name. ★★★

No comments:

Post a Comment