Saturday 17 September 2016

Comic mini-review: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic #45

IDW MLP comic issue #45, main cover
I like the little heart shape Tony Fleecs included in this
And so we come to the end of this slightly disappointing three-issue arc. You'd think Thom Zahler, Tony Fleecs and Heather Breckel could have done a little more with the premise, really. This final part is a small step up in entertainment value from last month's issue, enough to push it into the three-star band. In contrast to some reviewers, it seems, I actually quite like how the Nightmare Moon thing turns out, and some of Fleecs's dark-tinged panels are really rather striking. The resolution of several ponies' stories (including Fluttershy's) is disappointingly sudden, though, and Zecora's dialogue still grates on the ear. As a whole, the arc goes into the "mildly diverting" category, no more than that. ★★★

2 comments:

  1. I really think the main series needs an overhaul. San the last two Kaite Cook issue, I haven't enjoyed the series as much as I did when it first came out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the last one I really loved in the main series was #42, and that was the very last Cook/Price/Breckel one. So yeah, you have a fair point.

      Delete