Saturday 6 February 2016

Hasbro and Mattel in merger talks?

My health is not doing me any favours right now (again), so this will be a short one. Media reports today claim that, a few months ago, Hasbro approached Mattel with a view to proposing a merger of the two companies. There's no official comment from either party (not that I'd expect one), but Hasbro's annual earnings report is out in a couple of days' time. It'll be interesting to see how the numbers compare with last year's. What a merger might mean for the My Little Pony brand in particular, I don't know, but I guess we may soon find out.

2 comments:

  1. Well that's certainly very interesting, and it'll be fascinating to see what good (hopefully) comes from that, if the merger does go ahead. Bearing in mind Mattel (if I remember right) own the Monster High franchise, which Hasbro wanted, I wonder where that will lead. I suppose that if they do merge, it could mean a boost to the amount of merchandise available for MLP, or at least I certainly hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard Mattel was going downhill, but to be honest, I don't feel like them merging is a good idea...

    ReplyDelete