Monday 31 August 2015

New story by me: The Unbearable Lightness of Bucking

Cover image for The Unbearable Lightness of Bucking
Hat adapted from this resource by ZuTheSkunk (CC by-sa 3.0)
Remember when I published To Be the Candle and said that I'd had a silly story in the works for a while? Well, this is that story. Partly inspired by a comment on a Fimfiction post, no less, and the first fic I've written in which Applejack is the main character. Celestia knows how I'm going to handle her voice if I ever do a reading of this story, but I'm not going to worry about that now.

The Unbearable Lightness of Bucking by Loganberry
Applejack and Twilight
Comedy/Slice of Life; 2k words; Aug 2015; Everyone
An existentialist fruit story. Starring Applejack. Of course.
After a hard day's work in the apple orchard, Applejack likes to relax with a good book. This time, she's ditched the adventure stories for something altogether more profound. It's a good job she has Twilight to talk to.

This is one of those fics that started out with me writing a silly paragraph and ended up turning into a published story. Sometimes those work (It Doesn't Matter Now followed that route) and sometimes they don't, but they're usually the stories I find the most fun to write. This one was partly inspired by this comment of JohnPerry's, so I suppose it has some marginal connection with It Doesn't Matter Now anyway. There's probably a nice philosophical point to be made there, but I'm too tired to think of one. Ask Applejack.

No comments:

Post a Comment