Tuesday 12 August 2014

New story by me: "We Who with Songs Beguile"

Fluttershy and Mazarine look at each other
This actually looks somehow very disturbing...
Yes, folks, I've written another story. I don't know what's come over me lately. This one is something a little different, though: it's my entry for the Equestria Daily Outside Insight contest. I don't have any illusions about the quality of my competition there, but it was an intriguing prompt and I couldn't resist it. The prompt? "Write a story about ponies from a non-pony's point of view." So here it is!

We Who with Songs Beguile by Loganberry
OCs, Twilight and Rarity
Comedy/Slice of Life; 3K words; Aug 2014; Teen
Fluttershy's songbird choir is renowned throughout Equestria, in demand by ponies everywhere. Looked at from the other side of the perch, though, it's not always the life it's cracked up to be. If you want to hear the real story, straight from the bird's beak, Mazarine is your jay. Though you may have to set aside most of an afternoon... (Set during latish S3.)

Whether you like the story or not, I hope you'll at least acknowledge that I've tried to do something a bit different with this one. Give it a look!

3 comments:

  1. I've given it a read and I'll see if I can get a little review on the actual FimFiction site in the next few days. But for now I can honestly say I thought it was very imaginative and (as I see some of the comments also mentioned) a very different approach to the characters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much! :) I'm particularly happy you thought it was "very imaginative", since the originality is central to the whole story in this case. Mind you, now I've got this one done, I could actually see myself writing another Mazarine story sometime in the far future. :)

      Delete
    2. I think there is definitely plenty of scope for more stories, definitely. The birds have a totally different viewpoint, often literally, and they can go just about anywhere.

      Delete